News & Publications
Expressions of interest, Associate Editors, Australasian Journal on Ageing
Expressions of interest are invited from Australia and New Zealand, from gerontologists and geriatricians for the role of Associate Editor of the Australasian Journal on Ageing (AJA).
The appointment will commence in later in 2021 as negotiated.
• The Australasian Journal on Ageing (AJA) is a multi-disciplinary peer reviewed journal and the region’s premier journal on ageing.
• The journal was listed in the Thomson Scientific ISI Database in 2006, in MEDLINE in 2008 and has an impact factor of 1.307.
• The AJA is currently published quarterly under a contractual arrangement between the Journal on Ageing Inc (the Association) and Wiley (the Publisher).
• The AJA publishes original work in any area of gerontology and geriatric medicine, drawing out relevance for policy and practice to inform readers from a wide range of disciplines and professions.
• An Associate Editor is expected to take editorial responsibility for approximately twenty percent of all manuscripts submitted to AJA, to attend one face-to-face meeting annually in Melbourne, Australia, and quarterly teleconferences.
• The Associate Editor should have a strong profile in ageing research or practice, and a commitment to quality and ethical publishing. Applicants with indigenous or culturally diversity research expertise would be particularly welcome.
• A history of both reviewing and submitting manuscripts to the AJA . Editors must be a member, or join, one of the partner organizations.
• An understanding of superior standards of written English expression is preferred.
• Editorial team members are invited to serve initially for a three year term with the possibility of an extension.
Additional information and/or applications applications should include a statement addressing the selection criteria with a covering letter and curriculum vitae to:
Professor Debra Waters firstname.lastname@example.org