News & Publications
Coronavirus video – Older Australians from the Australian Government
Due to the rapidly evolving nature of this situation we strongly advise you to also refer to the official sources listed below for up-to-date, reliable information
Coronavirus can be more serious for older Australians, but we can help to protect those most at risk.
As part of the Australian Government’s national coronavirus information campaign a suite of educational videos are available below:
- Coronavirus video – Older Australians
- Coronavirus video – Social distancing
- Coronavirus video - Help Stop The Spread
- Coronavirus video - Recent Traveller
- Coronavirus video - Good Hygiene Starts Here
- Coronavirus video - Stay Informed
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for older Australians
An information sheet for older Australians, their family and friends about how to protect older Australians from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). This is part of a collection of resources for the general public and industry about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Aged Care
Aged care provides support to older people to help them with everyday living and other needs. Find out about what services we fund, how older Australians can access them, and what service providers need to do to deliver our aged care programs.
New E-LEARNING MODULE NOW LIVE
The Department of Health has released the first module in a new e-Learning program aimed specifically for Aged Care workers on appropriate health management techniques in all aged care settings.
Module 1: Personal Safety can be accessed here.
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Describe how you can minimise the risk of developing COVID-19
- Identify what to do if you develop symptoms of COVID-19
- Demonstrate to others how to perform effective hand hygiene
- Explain how to practise cough and sneeze etiquette
More modules will be released this week and information on how to access will be available via the Department of Health website.