News & Publications
Coronavirus video – Older Australians from the Australian Government
Due to the rapidly evolving nature of this situation we strongly advise you to also refer to the official sources listed below for up-to-date, reliable information
Coronavirus can be more serious for older Australians, but we can help to protect those most at risk.
As part of the Australian Government’s national coronavirus information campaign a suite of educational videos are available below:
- Coronavirus video – Older Australians
- Coronavirus video – Social distancing
- Coronavirus video - Help Stop The Spread
- Coronavirus video - Recent Traveller
- Coronavirus video - Good Hygiene Starts Here
- Coronavirus video - Stay Informed
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for older Australians
An information sheet for older Australians, their family and friends about how to protect older Australians from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). This is part of a collection of resources for the general public and industry about coronavirus (COVID-19)
New E-LEARNING MODULE NOW LIVE
The Department of Health has released the first module in a new e-Learning program aimed specifically for Aged Care workers on appropriate health management techniques in all aged care settings.
Module 1: Personal Safety can be accessed here.
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Describe how you can minimise the risk of developing COVID-19
- Identify what to do if you develop symptoms of COVID-19
- Demonstrate to others how to perform effective hand hygiene
- Explain how to practise cough and sneeze etiquette
More modules will be released this week and information on how to access will be available via the Department of Health website.