2019 Conference Program, Abstracts and Presentations
ABC Radio National - Big Ideas - Tackling ageism and challenging myths about ageing
On 5th February, the ABC Radio National's Big Ideas program that was recorded at the 2019 AAG Conference went to air. Paul Barclay RN host commented that the panel was a “terrifically stimulating discussion on ‘ageism’ (and other related matters) at the AAG conference, it was a great, broad-ranging, conversation” The Big Idea was ‘Tackling ageism and challenging myths about ageing’ and included Baroness Sally Greengross OBE (2019 AAG Gary Andrews International Fellow), Ashton Applewhite (author and activist), Professor Leon Flicker AO (AAG Life Member) and Peter de Waal.
Click here to listen to or download the podcast
Click here for a list of 2019 Plenary session recordings
Transcript of the opening address
Click here for transcript of Opening Address by Robert Tickner AO, co-chair of EveryAGE Counts, a coalition-led campaign tackling ageism in Australia.
Conference Photographs - Michael Blyde Photography
Click here to download free low resolution jpeg files for personal use or to purchase high quality images
Click here to view the Conference highlights - The Plenary Sessions Communique
Click here to view the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ageing Issues Communique
2019 Pre-Conference Workshops promotional fliers. Click on the links below to download a copy:
- Ageism and Aged Care: Australian & International Perspectives
- Publish before you perish. Writing for Scholarly Journals: How to ‘get published’h
- 2019 ATSIAAG Workshop - Integrated culturally sensitive services for older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples practical solution or pipe dream?
- Outside the box; innovative approaches to improve health literacy in diverse (CALD) communities to facilitate access to health & aged services
- Cultural Awareness & Cultural Safety: an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Perspective
- Co-designing policy to support people to live well with dementia
- ERA SECG - Career pathways in ageing
- Maximising the longevity dividend accross the world
- Mental health and wellbeing in older age: what can be done?
- Prevention in an ageing world: pathways to impact
- Older people at the intersection: meeting the diverse needs of older people who live in regional & remote areas
- Standardisation in Ageing Societies: national and international standards development
- Unlawful sexual contact: compliance, resourcing and prevention
If we have uploaded content then you will see that your cursor changes into a small white hand when you hover over that part of the program.
Please note that some of the files are quite large and may take a while to download (depending on the speed of your connection). Please also note that a few of the files were too large to upload to our website. You will receive a message with what to do next in those cases.
If there is no link available there was no presentation or the author has declined to share it.
Please report any faulty links to email@example.com
Please click on the following links to view the 2019 abstracts:
For the conference website please click here.
Thank you to our conference supporters
KNOWLEDGE HUB: AAG COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH CENTRES
PROFESSIONAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT SPONSORS