Past Events 1 Nov 2014 to 31 Oct 2015
What's so Great about 'Positive Psychology' at my Age?
|Presented in partnership with|
Positive psychology focuses on the promotion of wellbeing and the creation of a satisfying life. Happier people experience a wide range of social, personal, and occupational advantages over their less happy counterparts. They typically have more fulfilling relationships, higher incomes, superior work performance, community involvement, robust health, and a long life. Positive psychology researchers have explored the characteristics of dispositionally happy people, in order to develop strategies that might enhance people’s happiness if purposefully practiced. That is, by adopting the healthy thoughts and behaviours of happy people, wellbeing and positive affect can be promoted.
In this engaging panel discussion, we ask the experts - does positive psychology have any use for us as we grow older? If so, how? The panel will also discuss:
- Has our understanding of positive psychology changed over the year?
- I’m about to retire, how can I use positive psychology to facilitate my transition?
- I’m already retired, what can positive psychology do for me?
- Do I need to see a psychologist to ‘do’ positive psychology?
By attending this webinar you will also:
- Understand positive psychology and its uses in normal ageing, the retirement process and in clinical settings
- Explore ways the positive psychology can be used for healthy ageing
Hear from Leading Experts
DR PEGGY KERN
Centre for Positive Psychology, University of Melbourne
DR JO MITCHELL
Clinical Psychologist, The Mind Room
Master of Applied Positive Psychology
To download a registration form please click here
To register online, please scroll down, select whom you are registering for, and click 'Submit'
Event Date & Time: Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Event Location: La Trobe University City Campus, 360 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC
This is a FREE Event