Psychology and Ageing
AAG Vic with the APS Psychology and Ageing Interest Group (PAIG) proudly presents this webinar.
This online live-streamed webinar aims to explore and discuss the issues faced by psychologists and neuropsychologists as our current ageing population continues to grow. Issues such as dementia, decision making capacity, work capacity, mental health, memory interventions and carer burden, have become the centrefold topics for those working within the ageing sector.
It is important that clinicians working with the elderly are able to provide an understanding of these issues and the psychological aspects of ageing in order to improve current services in this area.
The webinar will cover:
- Evidence based therapy
- Alcohol related dementia
- Driving capacity
- Reminiscence therapy
- Strategies for relatives as carers of people with dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Healthy cognitive ageing
- Mental health and ageing
Attendees of the Psychology and Ageing webinar will learn about:
- The impact that ageing can have on the individual and the people around them.
- What can be expected as the ageing population grows.
- The different types of dementia, and determining an individual's decision making capacity.
- How to identify changes in mental health and wellbeing of ageing.
- Therapies and interventions available.
At the completion of the Psychology and Ageing webinar, attendees should understand:
- The different types if dementia, their causes, symptoms, and what to do next.
- How to approach and deal with the impacts of ageing, as a carer/family member, or health practitioner.
- The therapies and interventions available to help with handling the symptoms and progression of mental health changes as a result of ageing.
- The support and strategies available to carers and family members.
Please click here for the latest event programme.
In Collaboration with:
Event and Registration Details
To register online, please scroll down, select your type of registration and click 'Submit'.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS WEBINAR PLATFORM WILL BE HANDLED BY APS, you will receive your log in details from them.
Event Date & Time: Saturday 17th November 2018 9.30am - 1.00pm AEDT
Registrations Open: 29th Sep 18 1:00 AM
Registrations Close: 15th Nov 18 12:05 AM
Places Available: 160
AAG Members: FREE
NZAG Members: FREE
ANZSGM Members: FREE
ERA members: FREE
Not a member yet? Click here
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed