2019 SA Gerontology (SAGe) Conference
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND REGISTRATION OPEN!
Be part of the action on Friday 21 June 2019 at Flinders University at Tonsley.
Curious about issues related to ageing and aged care space in South Australia?
Interested in hearing about innovations being rolled out in Adelaide and interstate? Connect with us!
Presented by the Australian Association of Gerontology SA Division, this conference brings together a wide range of people with an interest in issues of ageing – service providers, health professionals, policy makers, advocates, researchers, students, and older people themselves.
The SA Gerontology Conference aims to:
• Challenge: Introduce delegates to ideas they may not have previously considered
• Inspire: Encourage delegates to build on current practices with new ideas for delivering best outcomes for people in their communities
• Engage: Meet, collaborate, partner, exchange ideas and build networks with peers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines
Eminent keynote speakers will include:
• Ngaire Hobbins, Dietitian specialising in ageing and brain health, aged care consultant, author and clinical practitioner (TAS)
• Matiu Bush, Social innovator, Bolton Clarke (VIC)
• Daryl Kroschel, National Medical Director & Co-Director Clinical Operations Acute Care, Silver Chain (WA)
Sponsorship and Trade Opportunities
Click here to download the brochure.
The Call for Abstracts is now open! We are seeking 250 word abstracts for oral presentations or pitch presentations that highlight innovations relevant to People, Place or Policy. Abstract submissions will close on 17 April 2019.
• Total presentation time will be 20 minutes, with 15 minutes for the talk, followed by 5 minutes for questions.
• Presenters are requested to focus on findings and the implications of their work.
• Presentations from AAG student members will be eligible to be considered for the AAG SA Gary Andrews Student Prize.
• Please note there is no formal template for submitted abstracts.
• We are looking for imaginative submissions from service providers, researchers, or community groups with an innovative idea or activity (proposed or currently in action).
• The abstract should detail the initiative, how it will be/is being enacted, and what impact it is having on the community.
• Total presentation time will be strictly 5 minutes. These are to be creative, punchy presentations. Props and visual media are encouraged.
On the day each presenter will pitch their ideas, the audience will then vote for the best initiative and the winning presenter will receive free registration to the 2019 AAG National Gerontology Conference in Sydney!
Click here to download a flyer
Call for abstracts! Click here to submit your abstract
Click here to be taken to the event registration page
Event Date & Time: 21st June, 2019
Event Location: Flinders University at Tonsley, 1284 South Road CLOVELLY PARK, SA
• Member $150
• Concession/Student/Retiree (Member) $75
• Non-member $200
• Concession/Student/Retiree (Non-member) $100
• Confirmed presenter 50% discount on appropriate rate
• Ageing in a Foreign Land delegate 50% discount on appropriate rate
(Please note only one 50% discount code may be applied)