2018 Robert Penhall Early Career Research Award
AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATION OF GERONTOLOGY SA DIVISION
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 August 2018
To promote gerontological research in South Australia, the Australian Association of Gerontology SA Division is offering an award to researchers developing a research profile in gerontology. Students currently undertaking a PhD or those who have been awarded a PhD in the last five years are eligible to apply.
The purpose of the award is to recognise the achievements of South Australian researchers, to encourage people to undertake and continue their research activities, and to encourage the dissemination and promotion of current research.
The award is offered to researchers who have published or formally presented work in one of the following categories of research:
- Applied – original work undertaken in order to acquire new knowledge with a specific application in view. It is undertaken either to determine possible uses for the findings of basic research or to determine new methods or ways of achieving some specific and predetermined objectives.
- Strategic – (in human services field) generates knowledge about specific health and well-being needs and problems. These may be conditions, risk factors or sources of inefficiency or inequity.
- Evaluative – work designed to allow judgements to be made about a program, project or service. Evaluation uses a range of methods to monitor the process and impact of a project or program against predetermined objectives and indicators.
- Fundamental/Basic – this research generates knowledge about problems of scientific significance.
The award will include:
- A certificate of achievement
- A prize of $1000
- One year membership subscription to the AAG
- The opportunity to present a paper at the AAG SA Gerontology Forum in mid-2019 in Adelaide
Click here to download a copy of the application form, criteria and instructions on how to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 August 2018
Event Date & Time: Closing date for applications 31st August 2018
Registrations Open: 9th Jul 18 1:00 AM
Registrations Close: 31st Aug 18 11:55 PM