Policy, Research & International
Housing and the Built Environment (HBE) SIG
New Special Interest Group for 2016
Housing and the Built Environment Special Interest Group (HBESIG) is a new SIG that was approved in the June 2016 Board meeting.
The purpose of the HBESIG is:
- To facilitate opportunity for exchange and collaboration between researchers, practitioners and service providers with an interest in housing and built environment research and practice.
- To share knowledge, expertise, and interest in housing and built environment research and practice.
- To identify future housing and built environment research directions, through the intersection of service providers, practitioners and researchers.
- To provide advice to inform AAG’s advocacy position in relation to the diverse housing needs and desires of older Australians; and the impact of the built environment on the independence, health, wellbeing and quality of life of older Australians.
- Victoria Cornell - Convenor
- Debbie Faulkner
- Helen Feist
- Eleanor Kennett-Smith
- Barbara Squires
- Catherine Bridge
- Dimity Crisp
- Laurie Buys
- Jeff Fiedler
- Yvonne Wells
You can’t have home care if you don’t have a home” - a look at the intersection between housing and aged care in later life - Webinar - AAG members can access this recording and slides in the members only section
COTA Australia National Policy Forum 2017 on AAA Housing for Older Australians - links to power point presentations