Policy, Research, Grants & International
Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow (GPTF)
In 2014, AAG initiated the National Travelling Fellow, which a year later was renamed the Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow in honour of AAG’s first female President, Dr Glenda Powell.
The Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow (GPTF) is a leading Australian expert who presents on the annual AAG Hot Topic over the year whilst travelling to AAG Divisions not visited by the Gary Andrews Visiting Fellow.
The GPTF is selected by the Board following the selection of the Hot Topic. Both the Hot Topic and the Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow are announced for the following year at the AAG Conference in November.
The 2022 Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow is Associate Professor Peter Bragge - DIrector, Monash Sustainable Development Institute Evidence Review Service. Lead, Monash-McMaster Social Systems Evidence Collaboration, Monash University, Melbourne.
The Glenda Powell Travelling Fellows in previous years were:
- 2021: Professor Paul Arbon, Director of the Torrens Resilience Institute and Professor of Nursing (Population Health)
- 2020: Sue Mcgrath - Senior Policy Advisor - Older Australians, The Benevolent Society
- 2019: Dr Catherine Barrett - Director/Founder, Celebrate Ageing and The Opal Institute
- 2018: Professor Philip Taylor - Professor of Human Resource Management at Federation University Australia
- 2017: Dr Ben Spies-Butcher - Senior Lecturer and Director of the Masters of Policy and Applied Social Research in the Sociology Department at Macquarie University
- 2016: Professor Julie Byles - Director of the Research Centre of Gender, Health and Ageing
- 2015: Professor Elizabeth Beattie - Professor of Aged and Dementia Care, Director of the Dementia Collaborative Research Centre: Carers and Consumers
- 2014: Professor Leon Flicker - Professor of Geriatric Medicine at the University of Western Australia