Policy, Research, Grants & International
The AAG Hot Topic
The purpose of the Hot Topic is to focus on an issue to set a policy, research or education agenda looking forward for the next 12 months.
The Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow is a leading Australian expert who presents on the AAG Hot Topic for the year whilst travelling to at least three AAG Divisions (states and territories), that are not being visited by the Gary Andrews International Fellow.
The 2021 Hot Topic is "Disasters and resilience"
AAG’s Hot Topics in previous years were:
- 2020: Future proofing human rights in Australia
- 2019: Intimacy in Ageing
- 2018: Working in ageing and working while ageing
- 2017: The economic opportunities of an ageing population – how much do we value the golden goose?
- 2016: Intergenerational Issues: complexities that should not be ignored
- 2015: Mental health and ageing
- 2014: Health reform and older people
- 2013: Citizenship and participation
- 2012: Ageing well
- 2011: Caring in the community
- 2010: Housing and older people
- 2009: The impact of the GFC on older Australians