Policy, Research & International
2018 Glenda Powell Travelling Fellow
Professor Phillip Taylor following his presentation at the 2018 National Conference
Philip Taylor is a Professor of Human Resource Management at Federation University Australia. Philip joined Federation University Australia on its founding in January 2014. Previously he has held positions at Monash University, Swinburne University of Technology and the University of Cambridge. He has researched and written in the field of age and the labour market for almost 25 years. He leads a major program of research on ageing workforces and has a strong national and international reputation in the field. His high professional standing stems from his strong publication record, the influence of his work on national and international public policy, frequent invited addresses to major national and international conferences and symposia, membership of national and international committees concerned with the implications of workforce ageing, his leading role in Australian and international research groups, and work with public bodies both in Australia and overseas.
Grants and awards
- 2016 Older Entrepreneurship in Queensland, Queensland Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services ($80,000).
- 2016 Evaluation of the Corporate Champions program, Department of Employment ($68,000).
- 2013 Extending working lives - health and well being implications and facilitators, Economic and Social Research Council ($60,000).
- 2013 Superannuation cluster, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) ($127,007).
- 2011 Work ability assessment and interventions in the Singapore workplace, Singapore Ministry of Manpower ($130,000).
- 2011 Workability Assessment and Change Among New South Wales Employers, New South Wales Office for Ageing ($250,000).
- 2011 Age, Work Ability and Work-related Injury in Australian Workers – Pilot Study, Safe Work Australia ($214,000).
- 2009 Retiring women: Understanding older female work-life transitions (LP0990703) Australian Research Council and partners ($331,280).
- 2008 Working late and the spectre of uselessness: Sustaining labour supply in a globalising economy (LP0884065), Australian Research Council and partners, ($330,000).
- 2008 Working Longer: Policy Reforms and Practice Innovations, NHMRC (401158).
- 2008 Experience Pays Awareness Strategy Evaluation, Department of Employment and Industrial Relations, Queensland ($57,000).
- 2005 Employer Initiatives for an Ageing Workforce, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (EUR604,000).
- 2005 Redesigning work for an ageing society, Australian Research Council and partner organisations (LP0562052) ($514,000).
- 2005 Mapping mid-life services relating to health, well-being and labour market participation in the East of England, East of England Regional Assembly (GBP19,000).
Click on the links below to view a pdf of Philip's slide presentations: