Friday 23 June 2017 - Flinders University at Tonsley
Be part of the action on Friday 23 June and join the conversations on Dollars and Sense: The Economics of Ageing
Keynote speakers will include:
• Kate Swaffer, SA Australian of the Year 2017
• Dr Helen Barrie, AAG National President
• Professor Jon Karnon, Health Economics, University of Adelaide
• Belinda Cash, Social Work and Human Services, Charles Sturt University
The SA Gerontology Conference aims to:
- Challenge: Introduce delegates to ideas they may not have previously considered
- Inspire: Encourage delegates to build on current practices with new ideas for delivering best outcomes for people in their communities
- Engage: Meet, collaborate, partner, exchange ideas and build networks with peers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines
The call for abstracts for the
South Australian Gerontology (SAGe) Conference 2017 is now open!
We are seeking abstracts exploring the following themes:
- Health promotion
- Positive ageing
- Tackling inequity
We welcome traditional (20 minute) oral presentation submissions. Presenters are requested to focus on findings and the practical implications of their work.
In 2017 we are also seeking submissions for new 5 minute pitch presentations. We are looking for creative submissions from service providers, researchers, or community groups with an innovative idea or activity (proposed or currently in action). The abstract should detail the initiative, how it will be/is being enacted, and what impact it is having on the community. On the day each presenter will pitch their ideas, a judging panel will then vote for the best initiative and the winning presenter will receive free registration to the 2017 AAG Conference in Perth in November!
All abstracts must be submitted by COB Friday 31st March 2017.
Submitting authors will receive notification of acceptance by 1st May 2017. Presenters of accepted submissions will be eligible for a discounted registration rate.
Event Date & Time: Friday 23 June 2017
Event Location: Flinders University at Tonsley, 1284 South Road CLOVELLY PARK, South Australia
Places Available: 158
• Member $150
• Concession/Student (Member) $75
• Non-member $200
• Concession/Student (Non-member) $100
• Presenter 50% discount on appropriate rate
• Ageing in a Foreign Land Conference delegate 50% discount on appropriate rate
In 2017 the SA Gerontology Conference is partnering with the Ageing in a Foreign Land Conference. Delegates attending the latter may choose to extend their Conference experience by an extra day and join the SAGe Conference. These delegates will receive discounted registrations to the SAGe Conference and the opportunity to learn about the excellent gerontological research and practice currently being conducted in South Australia.